February 4, 2010

BE INSPIRED

Next Tuesday, February 9, Cal Poly Pomona will be hosting their first-ever Poetry Slam. It's going to take place in the arcade and it starts at 7pm. Admission is free. A group of my fellow students and I will be slamming for a spot on CPP's Slam Team. The 4 poets who advance will be representing CPP at this year's Regional Conference on February 20. The winners from the Regional Slam will then move on to compete in the ACUI (Association of College Union International) National Slam. If you're a student at Cal Poly, come show your support and be inspired next Tuesday, and if you're not a student, you're still welcome to come and enjoy an evening of poetry with us.

So I gotta finish writing my pieces for next Tuesday. It's been over a year since I've performed any of my poems and this will be my first time slamming, so I'm pretty excited...and nervous. Drawing inspiration everywhere, food, paper airplanes, Oprah, and this guy. Anis Mojgani has to be one of the greatest poets I have ever seen. If this doesn't help get your pen moving, I don't know what will. See you next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment