July 26, 2010

WHERE IS DUMA?: NYC TOUR 2010 (PART 1)

This was my first time visiting New York. I don't think "excited" can even begin to describe how I felt when I got my ticket. I had no clue what I was getting myself into, but the bottom line is, NY exceeded all my expectations. NYC is without a doubt the greatest city I've ever been to. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. This could be due to my camera acting up most of the time I was there...or I was just too busy living.


The flight was pretty smooth. I tried getting some reading done, but I was distracted by my lack of sleep and this Real Madrid - Getafe game, courtesy of Jetblue's personal Directv monitors.





To celebrate my first day in NY, my cousin and her roommate took me to their favorite neighborhood restaurant, Roberta's Pizza in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. My first taste of NY pizza was not disappointing. I know the pizza I ordered looks way too healthy, but it tasted great!


My second night in NY was spent in the Lower East Side, at the Staple Design x Oakley 35th Anniversary release party at Reed Space. Ever since I got really into street culture, I've respected and admired everything Jeff Staple and his team have done. Staple's collaboration with Oakley is a great example of design brilliance and their ability to constantly produce quality products. Check Freshness Mag's full recap of the event.



Reed Space was PACKED and it was about 150 degrees inside. No joke.


While making my way out the door for some fresh air, I got a chance to meet and talk with the man himself, Jeff Staple.


Everybody loves free beer! Too bad I don't drink.


Oh, and I thought it couldn't get any better! One of my all-time favorite producers was DJ for the night. Just Blaze!

No comments:

Post a Comment