April 19, 2010

MUSIC MONDAY - HIGH SCHOOL EDITION

Earlier this week, I was hanging out with an old friend from high school. We talked about the music we listened to in high school, and how we still listen to most of it. It got me feeling nostalgic, so this week's post is dedicated to the best and worst 4 years of my life.

I listen to a lot of punk. Don't think this hip-hop game is all that defines me. An old friend of mine wrote a poem about 4 years ago that ended with the line, "Punk rock is the same as hip-hop, whether you like it or not."

I definitely have to start with this song. "Tearing Everyone Down" was the first Anti-Flag song I heard, and to say the least, it changed my life. A New Kind of Army is still, by far, one of my all time favorite albums. It never gets old.



This is another song that means a lot to me. Lower Class Crucifixion by The Unseen is still held in a special place in my heart.



I'm not saying anything about their latest album, but AFI is still my favorite band of all time. I've never heard a band recreate the energy of a live show on an album as well as they do. I told myself I would never get a tattoo, but if I ever did, the first would be an AFI tat.



Following the trend of posting the first song I heard from each of these artists...I think I heard "Cupid's Victim" by Tiger Army on a compilation CD in middle school, but I didn't buy any of their albums until 9th grade. I can't deny it, I'm a fan of love songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment