August 27, 2010

NIKE STADIUM NY PRESENTS: MAKE SOMETHING!! WITH ARI MARCOPOULOS

The power to positively inspire and motivate another person is an amazing thing. I watched this video over and over, all day, and I still found myself smiling everytime. It's a hard feeling to explain, but this two minute video is very special to me.

With the help of Vice Magazine photo editor Lele Saveri, legendary photographer and film maker Ari Marcopoulos teaches a group of kids in New York City the basics of photography and putting together a zine. Ari, Lele, and most importantly, the kids, get it done, all while keeping a strong D.I.Y. mentality.

The message in this and every other video in the Make Something!! series is obvious... MAKE SOMETHING! The only person that can hold you back is yourself, so if there's something you want, go get it!

1 comment:

  1. This made me miss taking pictures. :( I need to get back on that.

    ReplyDelete